re-installation and disk management
Face it, re-installations are a pain. However, its always a chance to put the best of plans into place and then find out how your plans ended up in the mess. Well, all wasn't lost so far. The original plan was to software raid 1 (2x 120GB disks) the installation. Of course, greed took the better of me and i decided, i'd just use one whole disk as a separate data mount and if i need to backup, cron an rsync between disks. at least I'd have a bit more room to play with. But like that is ever going to happen. Data issues, sigh. Unknown to most people, they normally have at least a terabyte of drive space lying around the house. Think about it. How many computers do you have. How many external firewire, usb drives do you have. Have you recently upgraded and have a couple of disks lying somewhere. And we haven't even started looking at optical media yet. Sometimes, I feel like just getting a NAS with at least a terabyte and not having to worry about it for a year, and I sti...

Comments