futility of life
Generally I can understand why in most deliberations, the common outcome is how futile life is, as illustrated in the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy. It really doesn't matter how much you do or how exciting most adventures are when youre always in the middle of it and don't see the big picture. Pretty much like the bug in the rug concept.
Would you suddenly take pride in being a hyper intelligent robot when you've always been a hyper intelligent robot? Apparently not. Maybe someone who isn't a hyper intelligent robot would say, "Gee, wouldn't it be great if i was a hyper intelligent robot?"
If there isn't already this version of the meaning of existence, I think it can be added to the list. "I do not know, therefore I am". Ignorance, the driving force of civilisation. The ones that admit it, learn and evolve, the other than don't live in relative bliss and die anyway.
Would you suddenly take pride in being a hyper intelligent robot when you've always been a hyper intelligent robot? Apparently not. Maybe someone who isn't a hyper intelligent robot would say, "Gee, wouldn't it be great if i was a hyper intelligent robot?"
If there isn't already this version of the meaning of existence, I think it can be added to the list. "I do not know, therefore I am". Ignorance, the driving force of civilisation. The ones that admit it, learn and evolve, the other than don't live in relative bliss and die anyway.
Comments
And the answer is 42!