Installing Ubuntu 20.04 on old intel macbookpro
After gettting a new last of the intel macbook air, I decided to install ubuntu on my older mac.
The setup was fairly simple after downloading the lastest iso from ubuntu and using a windows machine to create the bootable USB drive.
On rebooting, hold down on the option button and select the USB icon partition. Oddly, mine said "windows". After a few clicks and ubuntu was installed. I realised that wireless wasn't available because it's a proprietary driver and you need internet to enable it. kinda like a catch 22. But bluetooth works, so I paired my android phone and used my android phone as a bluetooth modem which gets it's internet from the wireless network.
It was a bit confusing to keep trying to use mac shortcut keys and the right click didn't work.
apt install server-xorg-input-synaptics
Go to startup applications and add
add the command
synclient RightButtonAreaLeft=1
To update the graphics driver
apt search nvidia-driver
sudo apt install [driver_name]

Comments